Wondering why your Airtel 4G smartphone has a slow 4G/LTE speed despite a fast internet plan? (Then stick to the bottom of the article to know the best airtel apn settings )
Slow internet can halt Zoom meetings, create turmoil in MMOs, and leave your videos buffering.
As per the latest, Ericsson Mobility Report published in The Times of India, the average traffic per smartphone user in India has increased from 13GB per month in 2019 to 14.6GB per month in 2020. “The average traffic per smartphone in the India region stands second highest globally and is projected to grow to around 40GB per month in 2026.” Read more here.
In today’s world, this is how much we rely on near-instant connections. Hence, even the small disturbances with our mobile internet add up rapidly and become frustrating obstacles to office, school, and life in general.
No one wants that—so let us walk you through this guide to help you say bye-bye to slow mobile internet on your Airtel 4G SIM.
There may be many reasons for your Airtel 4G internet to be slow. Using the fastest Airtel APN Settings can surely help you increase your internet speed even if anything else doesn’t.
Yes, you heard it right! You can easily boost your data speed by using the relevant Airtel Access Point Settings.
Before jumping into setting relevant APN, let’s understand what APN is and how does it affects your 4G/LTE.
What is APN & How does it affect your 4G/LTE Connectivity?
APN stands for Access Point Name. An APN has the network settings your smartphone requires to connect to your internet service provider.
To be more specific, it is a setting on smartphones that the phone’s carrier uses to set up a connection to the gateway between the carrier’s network and the internet.
Let us give you the glad tidings that most of the time, your phone has its own “default” APN settings and that one works for your connectivity automatically.
These are the Default APN settings in your Airtel Smartphone:
|Default Airtel APN Setting||Details|
|APN Roaming Protocol||IPV4/IPV6|
Restoring to the Default Airtel 4G Internet Settings
To restore to your default Airtel internet settings, there are 2 ways to do:
- Go to your mobile network settings > access point names
- Click on the Reset or Restore option and confirm it
- Previously, you have clicked on the reset option, here instead of that you have to tap on the “Plus” sign or “Create New APN” option
- Fill in the APN details provided in the table given above
- Click on save the setting and restart your Airtel smartphone
But if you feel that your 4G/LTE connectivity is slower than what is expected, then keep on reading this guide.
Will changing the default APN settings tackle the problem?
Yes, the APN decides the connection handshake and behaves like a dial-up connection. The APN you get with your SIM comes with no settings other than the APN name and few other things.
You can alter the connection speed by modifying the APN, Server, Authentication type, APN type, Bearer, etc.
So, without any further due, let’s get started!
Airtel APN Settings For Faster 4G Internet
Airtel GPRS Settings can be set up in 2 easy ways:
- You can manually change the GPRS internet setting on your phone. Send an SMS “MO” To 54321. Save these settings as default settings
- You can also get Airtel GPRS Setting Request Online:
- All you have to do is to go to the official Airtel website.
- Enter your mobile number on their website.
- Shortly you will get the settings by an SMS on your Airtel mobile number.
- Now save these settings as default settings.
NOTE: Before you begin, we would recommend you to take an internet speed test (visiting Fast.com).
This is not a part of our APN setting guide but we’re sure you would want to know the speeds you have now VS what you had before.
So you can compare both the speeds as you follow our guide—that way you’ll get to know if our guide helped you or not.
After you follow this guide and get your results, analyze and compare the new speed to the speeds you’re supposed to be getting from your Airtel mobile’s internet service provider (ISP).
Also, another thing to keep in mind is to cross-check and make sure that your Airtel internet balance is sufficient before coming to a conclusion that your phone’s 4G/LTE speed is slow.
All set? Let’s move forward with the APN settings.
Also check: Best 5 Mind-Bending Android Games to test your brain!
Step by Step guide to set up Airtel APN settings to increase Airtel internet speed (ANDROID):
- Grab your Airtel smartphone and open your mobile’s Settings option.
- Scroll and find ‘Network & Internet’ and click on the ‘Mobile network’ menu.
- Select the option ‘APN’ (Access Point Names)
- Click on create new APN and fill in the Airtel network APN settings given right below these instructions.
Now restart your phone.
|MMS Proxy: Blank|
|MMS Port: 80|
Step by step guide to Change Airtel 4G APN Settings on iPhone
First Method For iOS Devices:
- Open Settings in your iPhone > Cellular.
- Select the “Cellular Data Options” and then choose “Cellular Data Network”.
- After selecting Cellular Data, fill in the APN setting mentioned below:
|Airtel Internet Setting For iOS||Details|
- Now move to “LTE Setup” and let it stay blank or default (optional).
- After that, find the MMS option and fill in the settings mentioned in the table below:
|MMS Maximum Message Size||1048576|
|MMS UA Profile URL||https://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf|
You’re done with the settings. Now go back home and restart your iPhone.
Ta-da! You’re good to go. Enjoy high-speed internet on your iPhone.
Second Method For iOS Devices:
- Switch off your iPhone’s data.
- Now connect your iPhone to a nearby WiFi.
- After the WiFi gets connected, open the Safari browser and fill in the URL:”www.unlockit.co.nz”.
- A new page shows up.
- Scroll down and find the “Create APN” option.
- A list of network operators appears. Find and choose the Airtel option from the lists of network operators.
- Choose the “Create APN” option once more.
- Now select the “Install” option and your phone will automatically start installing Airtel APN settings.
Step by step guide to setting up Airtel Internet Settings on Windows smartphone
- Open settings and select the “mobile+GSM” option.
- Change and turn off the Data roaming option to Don’t Roam.
- Make the connection speed 4G
- Now return and find the “Access point” option.
- Click on Add icon.
- Fill in the following: Connection Name: Airtel
- Set APN to – airtelgprs.com
- To complete the action, click OK.
There it is! Enjoy faster browsing on your Windows device!
All these methods are very easy to follow and take just a few minutes to set up.
We really hope all these steps work to push your internet connectivity further and do the trick for you.
Although APN settings will do the trick, you can also try some common quick fixes along with it to make your experience even better:
- Regularly clearing out the cache on your internet browser.
- Closing out unnecessary background apps that aren’t in use.
- Deleting all the apps that aren’t in use to make sure that your Airtel smartphone is running at its peak efficiency.
- Switch carriers.
- Enable WiFi calling to fix your lagging 4G LTE signal.
So that’s our conclusion. Now it’s your turn. Feel free to comment and let us know if we were helpful.
How can I increase my Airtel internet speed?
You can increase the speed of your Airtel 4G/LTE internet by setting up relevant APN settings on your phone. A relevant APN has the proper and fast network settings your smartphone requires to connect to your internet service provider. Therefore, you can follow our guide and set up APN settings for faster browsing.
What is the fastest Airtel 4G APN setting for faster internet connectivity?
We have mentioned all the APN setting details for different devices in this guide. All you have to do is to follow the step-by-step instructions according to the type of device you have.
Why is my Airtel 4G/LTE speed so slow despite having a fast internet pack?
Replace your old APN setting with our faster one mentioned above. You can change the default APN settings on your Airtel phone by following our guide carefully. Also, try additional quick fixes like clearing cache, switching carriers, etc mentioned in the conclusion section for a smoother experience.
How can I automatically receive Airtel APN settings through SMS?
Open the SMS app. Send an SMS “MO” To 54321. Shortly, you’ll receive a message having all the settings. Save these settings as default settings.
How to check Internet speed on Airtel network?
Open your favorite browser and Go to this URL: https://fast.com
You can also get your upload speed by selecting “more details”.