Microsoft updates always bring out the best features for all the users out there. However, whenever there is an update, it brings out some stress to users as well.
The major problem arises with the windows defender program. It is about the security services available in the system on which Microsoft focuses so that the windows will be protected from external threats, including Malware and spyware.
Also Read: How to fix error windows error code 0x80072ee7?
But sometimes, when a user is updating it, Error code 0x80004004 arises, and at that particular moment need for a solution hits the door.
If you are also facing the same trouble, then you are on the right page. Here, we will discuss the methods to resolve the windows defender program error and the causes that contribute to the same.
Reasons for Error code 0x80004004 in Windows Defender
The reasons which contribute to this error code are as follows
- The drivers available on the computer are damaged or outdated.
- There is no space available on the hard disk.
- There might be any virus/malware presence in the hard disk.
- The internet connection is not stable.
- There is any virus-like Malware or spyware is present in the system.
- Any new windows available update also contributes to Error code 0x80004004
- In case there is incomplete installation and the installation of the program in the system is available, then also the problem arises.
- If there is any corruption in registry files occurred then also the problem shall arise.
These are the common reasons which contribute to this error code. But there is no need for a user to worry about anything. Certain methods are available to resolve window defender Error code 0X80004004.
Methods for resolving Error code 0x80004004
Method 1: Update for computer drivers
As we have earlier mentioned, outdated computer drivers also contribute to the same error. At that particular moment, you need to update the computer drivers.
Updating the drivers will allow a user to fix the problem easily. The steps for the same are as mentioned below:-
- Click the Windows Start button.
- Search Device Manager and select it.
- Navigate through all the devices available and look forward to Yellow exclamation Available.
- Now right click on the same device and choose the “update driver” option available.
- Within no time, the updating process will get completed. In the end, you need to restart the computer.
- Within no time, you will be able to get access to the page without any error easily.
Note: You can skip Method 1, if there is no Yellow Exclamation Mark available, indicating no further updates available.
Method 2: Disable/Enable Windows Defender Service
This is one of the easiest ways to fix the error 0×8004004. The steps for the same are as follows:
- Select the Windows Start menu.
- In the search bar, type Windows Security.
- Select Virus & threat protection.
- Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings.
- After it, disable the Real-Time & Cloud-Delivered protection.
- Now, once you are done with it, restart the computer, check out if the error code problem still persists or has been fixed.
In case this method is also not working in your favor, then look forward to the other method 3 available.
Method 3: Disabling Third-party Program
In case there is any third-party program installed on your PC, then you need to disable it. There might be some chances that the system is not responding to the same at that particular moment the third party programs may be responsible.
Disable the antivirus before you move ahead for window update Defender. The steps for the same are as follows:
- Move to settings of your PC and look forward to the antivirus installed.
- Locate the antivirus protection program icon (Avast, Avg, Norton, Kaspersky, etc) in the Windows notification area.
- Once the antivirus icon is located, right-click the icon and select Disable, Stop, Shut down, or something similar. In some cases, you may need to open the program and disable it using the program’s menus.
Once the Error code 0x80040004 is no more persistent, you can enable your respective antivirus back on.
Method 4: Run the system restore
To fix the Error code 0×8004004, running the system restore is also a beneficial method to adapt. The steps are as follows:-
- At the very first press Win + Q keys.
- Now click on the Settings option under the application.
- There is an icon of recovery available, select the same.
- Now the resultant window will get appeared, choose the system restore option from the same.
- A new dialogue box will appear, and it will ask for the date and time from when the system starts to behave inappropriately. You need to mention the preceding date.
- After it, the tool will begin itself and run properly before shutting down and restarting the computer.
And that’s it. Within no time, the issue will get resolved. In case this method is also not working in your favor, then we are missing one more method that can bring out the results for you.
Method 5: Try running troubleshooting
If not, even a single method is working in your favor from the method mentioned above will help you. The steps to try running troubleshooting are as follows:
- Press the window key along with the W key.
- Now type the troubleshooter and choose it from the resultant screen appear right in front of you.
- There is an option available Windows update troubleshooter click on it.
- Just follow the instructions appearing on the screen and then came back to whatever you were doing earlier.
And that’s it. Within no time, the problem will get resolved, and there is no need for you to do any battle from the same at all.
Wrapping it up: In case the window Error code 0×8004004 is arising, then the methods mentioned above will bring out the best for you, and no trouble will be there in any case.
Follow the method attentively so that you can get the desired results. Weather if the error still persists, feel free to drop them in the comments. I will try to get back to you at the earliest possible, like always.