During the process of updating Windows, sometimes it is certain that an error may arise. Among all of them, the Windows update error 800f0902 is also a common one.
This error simply implies that the installer is busy processing the request from other clients available.
The available installer handles all the OS files that are important and cannot be interested until the task is completed.
This problem usually arises when a person is looking forward to installing windows for OS updates.
If you are also having the same error and looking forward to the methods through which it can be resolved then you are on the right page. Here we will discuss the methods through which you can easily get rid of Windows update error 800f0902.
Reasons for Window update error 800f0902
The reasons for windows update error are as mentioned below:
- At the very first, you need to check on to internet connection. If there is no proper internet connection, then also this error will persist.
- There might be a Windows module with Installer Service issues arising. At that particular moment, you need to check out the windows module installer.
- In case of a corrupt system, files are available, then also this window error 800f0902 will arise. Therefore, check on the same as well.
- Last but not the least, if the Windows update service issue is there, that might also lead to the same error.
Methods to fix the windows error update 800f0902:
The methods for fixing this error are as follows:
Method 1: Check the internet connection
Before you move towards, do anything at the first that checks on to the internet connection. As if there is no proper Internet connection, then also this problem will arise.
If the internet connection is working properly, however, there is no connectivity available, then at that particular moment, start the router again.
Restart the Computer and modem both so that both of them will be able to work efficiently at the same time.
Doing so within no time, you will be able to check out whether the issue has been resolved or not.
Method 2: Check out whether the Windows update service is running or not
Check on whether the windows update service is running or not. For checking it out the steps, you need to follow is as mentioned below:
- Move to the control panel and open the administrative tools available.
- Find the administrative tools option and run the services.
- The service window will appear right in front of you. Open the window update service and double click on it.
- After it, the properties will get opened.
- In the properties section, find the startup type available and choose the automatic option.
- Now check out the service status.
- When you are checking out the status of the service, make sure it is set to running.
If it is not set to running, then click the start button in the same section.
- Finally, click on Ok to save the settings.
- Now restart the computer and check out whether the issue has been resolved or not.
Method 3: Disable third-party software and turn off the Firewall
If you are using a Firewall or antivirus or any of the proxy servers, the Windows update error 800f0902 might arise.
You will need to disable it temporarily so that Windows will be able to get updated successfully. For doing the same, the steps are mentioned below:
- At the very first click Windows, and type CMD in it.
- The command prompt option is available to right-click on it and run it as administrator.
- After that, you need to type command prompt netshwinhttp reset proxy and then press enter.
- Turn off the Firewall by visiting the control panel.
- Now select the turn off Windows firewall option available.
- And finally, restart the computers and check out whether the problem has been resolved or not.
Method 4: Rename the software distribution folder
Renaming the software distribution folder can also help you in fixing the Windows update error 800f0902.
But make sure whenever you are renaming the software distribution folder, you are stopping the windows update service. The steps for the same are mentioned below:-
- At the very first, you need to move to a command prompt by clicking on the Windows button and run it as administrator.
- After that, you need to type “net stop wuauserv” (without the quotes) and then click on enter.
- As soon as you click on enter, you need to type the command
“ren c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution softwaredistribution.old” (without the quotes) and hit enter.
- Now again type “net set wuauserv” (without the quotes) and again hit on the enter key.
- Now you are done, close the command prompt and restart the Computer check out whether the problem persists or you have resolved it.
Method 5: Do the scan
As we have mentioned earlier, if corrupt files are present, then this window update error will arise. Therefore, all you need to do is just scanning the system thoroughly to check out if there is any corrupted file available.
When the system will get scanned completely, and files will get destroyed after it, the problem will end. All you need to do is just refresh the computer and check out whether the issue has been resolved or not.
Method 6: Restart network list service
When you restart the network list service, it will also work in your favor.
It will easily resolve the issue. All you need to do is just turned the service off and then turn it back on again.
After you are done with this on and off procedure, restart the computer. The steps for doing the same are mentioned below:-
- Move to start and type run. Double-click on the final results then run will get launched.
- Now type of service.msc and then launch the windows into services.
- Now locate the network list service and then right-click on it. Finally, select restart.
- After you go with restart coma simply try to operate the computer again to check out whether this issue is still there or not.
This window update error is common and can be easily resolved. One just needs to follow the procedure carefully so that they can get the desired outcomes.
In case they are not focusing on the methods in detail, some problems may arise. Also, an individual needs to understand that whichever method you are choosing to complete it.
If you are leaving it in between, getting the desired result will become an impossible task to achieve.