You want to reset or repair the Edge Chromium web browser.
Indeed, the latter encounter operational problems crash, or is the subject of a virus or malware attack.
In these cases, you can reset the WEB browser to resolve any malfunctions and crashes.
This article guides you to repair or reset Edge Chromium step by step.
Repairing or resetting Edge Chromium can help resolve the following issues:
- Malware has hijacked home page or search engine (Browser Hijacker)
- Advertisements open during surfing
- Edge Chromium crashes, hangs or displays black screens on websites
- The websites are not displayed correctly
The article is divided into two parts:
- Restore settings. This resets the default settings. This can help for example when the search engine is hijacked.
- Full reset and repair. You reset the WEB browser to restart on a healthy basis. Ideal when Edge Chromium crashes or is overly infected.
Here’s how to restore the default settings.
This will :
- Restore the default search engine.
- Return the original start page.
- Remove installed extensions.
- Clear the internet cache.
- You keep your favorites, passwords. and browser history.
So it’s a good start to reset and repair Edge Chromium.
- Open Edge Chromium
- Then click on the menu at the top right then Settings.
- On the left, click on Restore settings
- Finally, click on the arrow
- The Restore settings window is displayed.
- Click the reset button to complete the Edge Chromium reset
Well done! you’ve successfully restored your Edge Chromium settings to their defaults. This can then repair the internet browser.
Edge Chromium Repair and Full Reset
Now here is another more radical method.
Indeed, here the goal is to completely reset Edge Chromium.
So you start from scratch.
You must therefore first export your favorites.
To do this :
- Press CTRL + B
- Then on the banner click on Manage bookmarks now
- This opens a tab at the address edge: // favorites
- Click on the 3 dots above and select the Export option
- Save the favorites file to your PC.
- Uninstall Microsoft Edge:
- Open Windows 10 settings
- Then Applications
- In the list launch the uninstall of Edge Chromium
- Check the option “Also delete your browsing data“.
Then delete the user profile, for this:
- Open Windows File Explorer
- Go to the drive where the operating system is installed
- Go to Users and select the User which will the name of your device.
- Now locate AppData.
Note that in some cases the AppData folder is hidden. Simply enable the show hidden files option which you will find in the View option in File Explorer.
- This opens the Appdata Local folder
- In the latter delete the Microsoft Edge folder
- Finally, download then reinstall the WEB Edge Chromium browser
- To do this, go to the following page: Download Edge Chromium
In the case of synchronization, this can come from the user profile which is corrupted.
Then disable all extensions and test Edge Chromium without synchronization.
Well done! you have successfully repaired or reset Edge Chromium.
This tutorial must have solved all your problems, however, if you are still facing some issue, drop it down in the comments below.
Also, Check –