For all The Gamers out there, discord is one of the best VoIP applications available. During gaming sessions, a player will be able to communicate with the other and move ahead in the game.
Discord screen share audio not working error has been haunting the gamers for a long time.
It is compatible with different operating systems and platforms, and there is no need for a user to worry about anything.
Recently, screen share functionality also gets available to allow users to share their screens with other Gamers available. But some problems arise with audio. It’s not so long we have covered how to fix the origin launching issues with dragon inquisition.
Discord users reported that the discord screen share audio is not working, and it let them feel disappointed.
If you are also facing the audio problem, there is nothing to worry about. In this article, we will discuss the methods through which you can easily resolve this problem.
Discord screen share audio not working Fix Steps
Method 1: Update discord
Majorly this audio problem arises because the discord version available with you is not up to the mark. For the same, you need to upgrade it. The steps for operating the discord include:
- Have a look on the keyboard and press the Window logo along with R.
- A dialogue box will appear and type %localappdata%
- Click on OK.
- A new window will appear and double-click on discord.
- As soon as you double click on it, the update.exe option is available. Click on it and wait for the duration until the update process gets complete.
- Again launched the discord to test the issue.
After checking on the problem, you are ready to conclude whether the audio feature is working. If the audio feature is still not working, you need to look for other methods.
Method 2: Add your activity
Discord works according to the activities you are performing and the functions in which you are engaged. Hence, at that particular moment, you need to add on the activity.
Sometimes a scenario is being so that the application gets confused while sharing screens between games and applications.
At that particular moment, you need to add on the activity to resolve the issue. For the same, the steps you need to follow include:
- At the very first, you need to launch the discord application and move to settings.
- At the left navigation bar, click on the entry of games.
- Move to game activity and add the application in which the audio problem is arising when you are sharing the screen. Make sure you do not run discord as an administrator whenever you are doing this process.
- After it checks out whether you have already included any game on the list or not. If any game activity is running, then you need to remove it.
- After removing it, you are ready to check out the problem.
- Now the problem has been resolved. If the problem persists, then you need to turn on the overlay feature available and check out whether the problem is solved or not.
Method 3: Clear discord roaming data
In case the settings of the discord file are not done appropriately at that particular moment, you will not be able to use audio features during screen sharing. You need to clear the Discord roaming data to see whether the issue is resolved or not. Steps for the same are as follows:
- At the very first, you need to exit from discord completely.
- Now press the Windows logo key and type %appdata% and then press enter.
- A window will appear and right-click on discord, then click on delete.
- Again relaunch the discord and check out whether the issue has been resolved or not.
If there is still the same problem persisting, then some other methods are also available to help you.
Method 4: Reinstallation of audio drivers
Audio drivers play a very important role when a user is looking forward to dealing with audio things. When you are using Discord like applications hardware is very important.
In case the audio drivers are not working properly, then also the Discord screen-sharing audio option will not work. For reinstalling the audio drivers, the step you need to follow includes:
- Hold the Window Logo+R, and a dialog box will appear.
- In it, type devmgmt.msc
- After typing it, press the enter key.
- Now the device manager category will expand and click on audio inputs and outputs. Make sure you are doing the right-click.
- When you are doing the right click on the sound hardware, after it selects the uninstall device option available.
- Now anywhere on the screen, do the right-click and select scan for hardware changes.
- Your device will scan for all those hardware that is installed and find out the sound module available. The default drivers will get automatically installed, and after it, you need to restart the computer.
- Now go to the disco application again and check out whether the audio is working or not.
- If the audio is still not working, then you need to update the drivers again.
- Now right click on the driver and select the update driver option available. You can also use Windows update for updating the drivers.
In case it is not working still, then you need to check out other options available.
Method 5: Re-Install Discord
If any of the methods are not working in your favor, then the time has come to install the discord application again. At the very first, you need to uninstall it and then move ahead for installing it. The main problem arises when the file gets corrupted or damaged.
Steps for the same are as follows:
- Move to the control panel of your device.
- Open the control panel and move to the programs, uninstall a program option, and click on it.
- A new window will appear and then move to Discord right-click on it and uninstall it.
- When the process is completed, you need to download discord again.
- After downloading it again, you need to follow all the instructions appearing on the screen.
- When the downloading is completed, you need to re-launch it and check whether the sound is working.
These are the methods in which one can adopt when the discord screen share audio not working. Make sure you are not leaving any of the procedures in between because if the same happened then, you would not be able to get the audio back at all. Still not fixed? Let us know in the comment section.