Like all of you guys, from past years I am using MTNL broadband connection for seamless internet access. Later on I found that there were some problems with loading websites as it showed me “Webpage not available” error each and every time when I tried to access a particular webpage. It was like most of the E-shopping websites like Amazon, Flipkart and Snapdeal were displaying the same following error. Digging more deeper into the issue I found that not only me but others too are also having the same problem with their broadband connections too. So today we will be fixing this issue step by step,
• First of all we are going to enter your router’ssettings of the modem.
• For that enter 192.168.1.1 in the URL box of your browser.
• Then a popup will occur where you have to enter the User name and your respective password,
(by default in most cases the user name and password is “admin” , if didn’t worked then you have to enter your costumer ID/Number mentioned in your landline’s bill in the password section)
Note: You can also change the password after successfully entering in the settings under the “device settings” section for more convenience.
• Now under Personal>>Enhanced DNS. You will find 2 OpenDNS IP Addresses mentioned down in a box, jot it down or copy both of the addresses somewhere else.
• Now back in your router’s settings goto Advanced Setup>>DNS
There you will find your default DNS IP Address boxes, as Primary & Secondary.[As shown in the image]
Note: You can copy those default IP address of yours and keep it somewhere safe just as a backup.
• Now paste those Addresses that we copied from the OpenDNS there,
The first box should go as Primary DNS server and second will go as Secondary DNS server.
• Now finally just hit the save option!! It will take a while to save the settings. After that try to open those websites which were not opening on your browser before, it will be opening from now on-wards after applying the following method.
You can also backup and download your whole settings in your storage to stay safe while playing with your modem’s settings under Management >> Backup settings.
That’s it!! isn’t it so simple? or if you have any kinda problems or doubts hassle free comment it down below.