Redmi 2 is from one of best devices by Xiaomi which was recently released after the huge success of Redmi 1s. Today we are going to talk about rooting and flashing cwm on your redmi 2.
First we will flash the ClockWorkmod(Cwm) recovery and then after we will root the device by flashing SuperSu via Cwm.
What all we need?
1/- Download the cwm recovery image file and the adb files first (provided down below).
2/- Then download the Update_SuperSu zip file and place it in your (internal/external) SD card.
3/- A PC
So lets begin:-
• First let us enable the USB debugging of the device, for that Go to Settings>>About Phone>> & tap on the MIUI Version 5 times to enable the developer options and after that hit back in the settings & go to the
Additional Settings>>Developer Options>> Check Usb debugging option there to enable.
• Now install the USB drivers of the device on your PC (link provided down below).
Note: While installing the drivers it will prompt with warning, you click install the software anyway to proceed.
• After that extract the downloaded ADB and fastboot file in a fresh folder (on PC) and also place the recovery image inside that folder.
Note: There will be 2 zip files so make sure to extract them all.
• Now switch off your device and press Power+Vol Down button together to switch it on in the fastboot mode and connect the device to the PC (in the fastboot mode itself).
• Go to your extracted folder where you placed the recovery file too, and hold Shift+Right click to select open command window here in that folder.
• Type the following in the command prompt (excluding the commas):-
• It will show the connected device in alphanumeric manner.
• Then type:-
“fastboot flash recovery recovery.img”
• What this will do is, the recovery you placed in the Adb folder will be flashed in few seconds. After when its completed then type:-
“fastboot boot recovery.img”
Device will automatically boot into the cwm recovery by the following above command.
• Then disconnect the device from the PC and in the recovery Go to install zip from SD card>>browse for the Update_SuperSu.zip file where you have placed the downloaded SuperSu zip file and flash it.
• After when its done hit the reboot system now in the recovery.
That’s all you’ve rooted and flashed cwm recovery on your redmi 2 successfully.
If you have any kinda problems related to the post then please don’t hesitate to ask I’ll provide the best solution for your problem Asap.