Its been quite long that Xiaomi Redmi 1S users were eagerly waiting to have a bite of the lollipop on their devices. Now the wait is finally over! ours one and only Syhost released almost bug free lollipop for the device. Previously Mokee Rom was having issues related to RIL (Radio Interface Layer) aka the mobile’s networks were not working but now RIL issue is fixed. The CyanogenMod 12 as well as Mokee ROM were together released which is much stable and running on lollipop version 5.0.2. Users can choose whether to go for CyanogenMod or Mokee Rom on their device.
Now to install Mokee 5.0.2/ CyanogenMod 12 just follow the steps:
Note: I am using TWRP recovery in my case.
• Download and place the Rom’s zip and the Gapps files both together in your external memory card. (Download links provided down below).
• Reboot into TWRP (or any of the custom recovery that you have on your device.)
• Hit Wipe>>Advanced Wipe.
• Only check boxes ,Dalvik Cache, Cache, System & Data. (as Shown in the image). After that Swipe to Wipe them.
• Now Go back and tap install, and browse for the Rom’s Zip file first and flash it.
• When done then Install the Gapps.zip package!! After that tap Wipe dalvik cache and reboot.
• The first boot will take time so don’t panic.
The Rom is Pre-Rooted, just tap on the build number under Settings>>about phone>>build number to open up developer options. Now under developer options you will find Root access which is disabled by default click on, Apps and ADB or just Apps to enable it.
After using Cm12 on Redmi 1s, I didn’t faced any kind of issues instead it is running smooth on the device. Cm12 themes are also working great. You can move your installed Apps to SD card too.
Still some found issues were:
– Proximity sensor lags a little while receiving or making calls.
– The output sound appears to be a little low as compared to before, you can fix it using ViperFx.
– After installing all of your Apps you may find that there will be a small lag in the App drawer on Trebuchet launcher. You can install Google Now Launcher to avoid that.
– And some other little things.
These issues are very minor!! you will hardly ever notice it in between those bunch of amazing animations that will be juggling one by one on the device.
After settling down on Mokee! I didn’t faced much issues compared to the Cm12, it was quick, responsive and lag free. After installing all my Apps there was no glitches in the app drawer with the default launcher. More added options are available under the hood with mokee as comapared to the CyanogenMod12. You may find issues waking up the device in that case you goto
Settings>>Display & lights>> Prevent accidental wake-up (uncheck it). Both of the Rom has “Preferred Install Location” in the App settings for directly installing the Apps on the removable SD card by default.
The AnTuTu X benchmark on Cm12 Rom came out to be 17262.
The AnTuTu X benchmark on Mokee showed up 19315.Update: Install Lollipop 5.1.1 (Cm 12.1) On Redmi 1s
Enjoy your lollipop Guys!!!
Download Link for CyanogenMod(credits Syhost)
Download Link To Mokee Rom(credits Syhost)