Lollipop update out for Android One
Micromax Canvas A1 aka Android One received lollipop as over the air update. As we reported before here android one lollipop version 5.1 update
that Google revealed their Android Version 5.1(same named as lollipop) which was showed up on new Indonesian Android One devices last month. The version 5.1 is a complete bug fixer Rom, as the version 5.0.1 and 5.0.2 were reporting issues related to excessive Ram usage, memory optimization and battery backup etc on various devices. Now the time has come for the Indian Android one users to experience the taste of lollipop. Now lets move on to the steps for getting lollipop on your android one,
1: Connect to a WiFi network because you are about to download a file size of 450~490 mb.
2: Then Go to settings >> About phone >> Software Update
3: Download and install the update and start using the new interface decorated with tons of animations on your device.
For those who are running custom Rom(s) on their devices have to flash their stock Rom back, until a flash-able Cwm zip file is available,
Note:- I’ve found that sometimes Micromax devices loose their IMEI after flashing their stock Rom back so I strongly recommend to do a backup of your IMEI before moving towards the steps for flashing. You can backup your IMEI via Mobile Uncle tools ( you can install it from Google Playstore) and restore it later if the error shows up.
• Install your phone’s drivers on your PC.
• Download SP flash tool, plus your stock Rom and put them in a separate folder on your desktop.
• Extract your Rom’s (zip/rar) files in the folder.
• Now open the Sp tool and browse for your Rom’s scatter file inside the folder.
• Hit download and wait till searching appears and after that connect your device to the PC.
• After that, a green circle will appear and now you are done.
Or If you don’t want to go through the stock Rom back then you can simply flash the lollipop Rom ported from Indonesian release of the android one (which is the Cwm backup of the Rom):
• Download the Rom Lollipop 5.1 from the given link down below.
• Extract the Rom.
• Make a new folder in your external SD card named as Clockworkmod and within inside make another folder and re-name the folder as Backup.
• Copy all the extracted files and paste it inside the backup folder that you made in your external Sd card.
• Reboot into recovery and do a factory reset.
• Then Goto /backup and restore and restore system from the backup folder.
• Hit Reboot system and then you are done. Boot may take upto 10mins so don’t panic.