ADD SUBTITLES TO A MOVIE ON TV[FULLY WORKING METHOD]
First of all, hello and welcome again to your’s one and only techulk!!
Usually the operating system that we get on the Smart TV’s are not like our mobile devices, the UI (User Interface) is made so simple on the TV such that we can browse and work on it with the simple remote we get or via an android App (if possible). I also replaced my old TV with a new one, yes off course with the smart one!! but later on I found that while playing movie on it the subtitles was not showing up on the screen. After so many methods I finally found 2 methods that can be used to display the subtitles with the movie.
The best two ways to display the subtitles on the TV screen are listed below:-
USING MIRACAST/BY SCREEN MIRRORING
1. Go to TV settings, there you can find screen mirroring option or miracast™ (on lg smart TV) or tap on the SOURCE button for the Samsung users to access screen mirroring.
2. Unlock your android lockScreen and head over to settings>>display>>wireless display (or cast screen option on android KitKat 4.4.4) enable it and search for the TV model to establish connection with the TV.
3. When all done open up the mx player/vlc installed on your phone and then add subtitles from there and skadoosh!!! its done, now you can watch your movie with the subtitles on your tv!!
HOW TO DISPLAY SUBTITLES USING PENDRIVE/USB?
If your TV isn’t a smart one, then this method will help you to display the subtitles easily via USB.
Before placing the movie on the USB device you have to follow these simple steps mentioned down below :-
2. Then rename the subtitle (.srt) file same as the movie name example:- if the movie name is TAKEN.720p.BLUERAY.YIFY then rename the subtitle file same as the movie file TAKEN.720p.BLUERAY.YIFY.srt
3. Then put the folder on the USB flashdrive and try playing it on your TV, it will work smoothly.
Here is the complete step by step tutorial for adding subtitles to a movie file on TV